Genealogy Project & Family History Research
The Clan Chisholm Society's Branch Genealogists are collecting family tree data that will be merged into an international database in an effort to facilitate genealogical research by making these records accessible to our members.
Many members state that their main reason for joining the Clan Chisholm Society is to discover the history of the clan and specifically, their own ancestors. Discovering the history of families and the line of descent from their ancestors invokes the discipline known as genealogy. To assist our members in their genealogical pursuits the Society has embarked on a three-pronged approach (think of a three-legged stool) all three legs are required to make the appliance useful). These initiatives are:
- An integrated collection of multi media genealogical information organized around family trees. Please refer to the article in the 2009 Clan Chisholm Journal for further details.
- A web enabled bulletin board style of open forum on which "things Chisholm" are discussed. See the introductory article in the 2008 Clan Chisholm Journal, written by the CGI founder, Bob Chisholm, UK Branch Genealogist. Click here for more information.
- Approved as an official Clan Chisholm Society project at the 8 September 2007 Clan Council meeting. This vital and interesting initiative has already proven to be invaluable in establishing previously unknown family links and relationships. For further details click on the link on the sidebar to this page.
To assist you with your family history research each branch has an official Branch Genealogist. Here is the list of current Branch Genealogists
- Australia: Dr. Max Bott
- Canada: Bill Pickering
- New Zealand: Audrey Barney
- United Kingdom: Bob Chisholm
- United States: Kathryn Chisholm